Damage from water or flooding can totally shift the daily routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or flooding can result in lasting damage to your property. These situations call for a quick response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Cedar City.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to remove water or flood damage in your home. Although it’s easy to remove standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into lower layers and between walls without you knowing. Without professional assistance, the likelihood of mold growth and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem you can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals repair the damage to restore your property to a habitable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout Cedar City for our reliable work. Our qualified experts leave homes and businesses in better condition than they were before. Call Liberty Restoration today. We work fast, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with water damage anywhere else in your house, remember these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do call a flood damage expert immediately
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Cedar City can help you out. Call us today.
Cedar City Water Damage Before & After Restoration