Damage from water or flooding can change your every day routine completely. If left untreated, water damage or a flood can leave permanent harm to your home. These problems need immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Cedar City.
Taking care of flood or water damage requires more effort than cleaning a minor spill. While you can easily remove surface water from areas in your home, water can leak into lower layers and between drywall without you realizing. Without trained restoration, chances for mold development and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix these areas to restore your home to a habitable state in no time.
If you’re looking for restoration specialists near Cedar City, Liberty Restoration is best for the job. We send our most qualified professionals to homes and businesses to treat water and flood damage. We work fast, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you find water damage at home, remember these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Cedar City can assist you. Call us today.
Cedar City Flood Damage Before & After Restoration