Nobody would ever like finding sewer damage in their home. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the Cedar City area with sewer damage sanitation. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to get assistance. Call Liberty Restoration now to speak with a contractor to remove the damage.
Dangers of Sewage Spills
Trying to clean up sewage spills without the right certifications can result in aggravating the problem. A scenario with sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to work with caution. Even small backups contain a blend of toxins that may result in illnesses like Hepatitis A and Salmonella.
Our team has specialized gear so they can start eliminating the dirt and liquids around the mess. Often, sewage treatment can only begin when the location is dry. We then begin disinfection steps to remove and counteract the hazardous waste material inside the sewage. One of our primary goals is to remove odors and anything that may create mold. In serious cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to keep mold away and prevent worse issues.
Keeping Your Family Safe
The professionals with Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Not following these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest holding off until our professionals to arrive at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep children and pets away from contaminated areas.
- Wear waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with affected possessions.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a little contamination should be thrown out.
- Do not consume or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, especially prior to drinking.