Nobody would ever have fun finding sewer damage at house. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Cedar City Ut area with sewer damage sanitation. Don’t neglect this problem if you find it. Get the specialists of Liberty Restoration to assist you with the situation, whatever the scale.
Sewer Line Hazards
If you try to address the spill without proper training, it can make the issue worse. A scenario with sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to continue with caution. Sewage of all sorts carry bacteria and pathogens that can cause disease.
The Liberty Restoration staff has protective gear that allows us to begin clearing out the waste and debris in the problem area. In many cases, sewage repair can only start when the area is dry. We then begin disinfection steps to treat and counteract the hazardous sewage the sewage contains. We work quickly to remove odors and stop the leak at the source. In serious cases, Liberty Restoration can conduct mold removal to prevent issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Damage
The specialists at Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage backup. Failure to follow these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend waiting for our specialists to appear on the scene, please follow these precautions:
- Keep kids and animals away from problem areas.
- If you must get anything from the location, use water resistant gloves and heavy duty rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can promote disease.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that touches sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.