Sewer damage is probably the last problem you want to come home to. Liberty Restoration assists the Cedar City region with this scenario, regardless if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to reverse the damage. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to call for assistance. Get the specialists at Liberty Restoration to reverse the situation, regardless of how big the problem is.
Hazards of Sewage Spills
If you try to fix the mess yourself, it could make the issue harder to remove. A situation involving sewage is always a tough one, so it’s essential to proceed precisely. Sewage of any kind have bacteria and toxins that may result in illness.
We begin treatment by clearing out liquid and solid debris. We must additionally air out the area before we can fix the sewer infrastructure. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and counteract the toxic waste material present in the sewage. One of our initial goals is to remove odors and stop the leak at the source. If your sewage backup is especially awful, we will perform follow up checks to stop mold growth.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The specialists at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage damage. Not following these methods can expose yourself to toxins. Though we recommend holding off until our professionals to arrive on the scene, please follow these precautions:
- Keep kids and pets away from contaminated areas.
- If you must grab items from the location, use water resistant gloves and heavy duty rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any affected fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or brought to a professional dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little contamination in porous items can promote disease.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially before drinking.