Sewer damage is probably the last problem you would like to come home to. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration helps the Cedar City Ut area with sewer damage services. Don’t neglect this issue if you encounter it. Call Liberty Restoration today to talk to a contractor and fix the issue.
Sewer Line Hazards
Attempting to remove sewage leaks without the correct certifications can end up aggravating the issue. A scenario with sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to proceed with caution. Sewage of all sorts harbor microbes and pathogens that can cause illness.
The Liberty Restoration team has protective technology so they can start clearing out the dirt and debris in the problem area. In some cases, sewer damage repair can only start once the area is dry. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and counteract the hazardous sewage present in the sewage. The Liberty Restoration team performs the drying-out and extraction steps as rapidly as we can to avoid mold and odor growth. In serious cases, Liberty Restoration can perform mold removal to avoid issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Damage
The specialists with Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage damage. Failure to follow these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest waiting for our professionals to respond at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by sectioning off the location children and animals.
- If you need to get items from the location, use waterproof gloves and heavy duty boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or bring them to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even just a little contamination in porous items can promote disease.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.