Issues like faulty pipes can induce flooding, which typically results in hefty water destruction inside your home. These situations call for immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Brigham City.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Although you can easily remove surface water from areas in your home, water can drip into lower layers and into drywall without you realizing. This leftover water can damage your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Disregarding water damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists fix the damage to restore your home to a livable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout Brigham City for our quality work. We hire our most qualified contractors to homes and businesses to remove water and flood damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with water damage in your basement, remember these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Remove photos, documents and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked clothes and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to fend off add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Brigham City, allowing us to help clients throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been affected by a disaster like leaky pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Brigham City
Brigham City Flood Damage Before & After Restoration