Problems like broken plumbing can lead to flooding, which usually leads to significant water damage inside your home. These scenarios need a speedy response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Brigham City.
Taking care of flood or water damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Significant to serious damage gets into floorboards, drywalls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to remove alone. This remaining water can harm your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Neglecting water damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair these issues to return your home to a habitable condition in no time.
If you’re looking for water damage removal specialists near Brigham City, Liberty Restoration is best for the job. Our skilled professionals leave properties better than they found them. Call Liberty Restoration today. We work fast, professionally and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
If you experience water damage at home, follow these strategies to ensure a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove soaked clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to help clients throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been harmed by a disaster like broken pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Brigham City today.
Brigham City Water Damage Before & After Restoration