Finding sewer backup at home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration assists the Brigham City region with these situations, regardless if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, Liberty Restoration is ready to help. Don’t neglect this dilemma if you find it. Contact Liberty Restoration right away to talk to a contractor to remove the damage.
Trying to treat sewage spills without the proper training can worsen the issue. That’s why it is vital to take careful measures to counteract the sewage dilemma to avoid it from getting worse. Even little backups contain a cocktail of toxins that may create illnesses like Hepatitis A.
Our contractors have specialized equipment so they can start removing the dirt and liquids around the affected zone. Often, sewage repair can only begin as soon as the area is dry. Armed with specialized tools, we can start reversing any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. Our staff finishes the aeration and removal steps as rapidly as we can to avoid mold and odor growth. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration can conduct mold removal to prevent issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Backup
The professionals at Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend holding off until our team to respond at your home, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep kids and pets away from affected areas.
- Wear water resistant rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a little contamination should be disposed of.
- Throw out all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.