Problems like broken plumbing can lead to flooding, which usually leads to hefty water damage inside your home. These scenarios require a quick response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Bountiful.
It takes more than towels and a fan to treat flood or water damage in your home. Significant to severe damage leaks into floorboards, walls and layers under your property that are difficult to take care of on your own. This leftover moisture can eat at your home and increase the chances for mold growth.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t something homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy the damage to revive your property to a livable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout Bountiful for our reliable restoration. Our skilled experts leave businesses and homes in better condition than they were before. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you find water damage at home, follow these guidelines to ensure a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Relocate photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove damp clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to fend off add to the damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do contact a flood damage professional immediately
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to assist customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been affected by a problem like burst pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, contact Liberty Restoration in Bountiful today.
Bountiful Water Damage Before & After Restoration