Finding sewer damage at home is a terrible thing. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the Bountiful region with sewer damage cleanup. Do not neglect this issue if you find it. Call Liberty Restoration now to speak with a contractor to reverse the damage.
Trying to take care of sewage spills without the correct training can worsen the problem. Because of this, it is crucial to take careful care to reverse the damage dilemma to avoid it from getting worse. Even minor seeps have a cocktail of chemicals that can cause disease like Hepatitis A.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized technology that allows us to start get rid of the dirt and debris around the mess. We must additionally air out the problem spot before addressing the plumbing infrastructure. We then begin sanitization procedures to treat and neutralize the toxic sewage present in the sewage. One of our primary goals is to remove odors and stop the leak at the source. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to keep mold away and avoid worse issues.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
Please do not attempt to remove any sewage without the proper training and equipment. We recommend talking to a Liberty Restoration specialist before working yourself. In order to safeguard you and your family’s health, you can prep the scene for our specialists by:
- Keep children and animals away from affected areas.
- Always use waterproof rubber boots or gloves if walking into the location.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination needs to be thrown out.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that touches sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.