Nobody would ever enjoy finding sewer backup at house. Liberty Restoration helps the Bountiful region with this scenario, regardless if it’s from pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, we’re here to fix it. Do not neglect this problem if you encounter it. Get the professionals at Liberty Restoration to remedy the problem, regardless of how big the problem is.
Hazards of Sewage Leaks
If you try to address the backup without proper training, it can make the spill harder to remove. That’s why it is crucial to take the proper precautions to counteract your backup issue to avoid it from getting worse. Sewage of any type harbor microbes and toxins that can create sickness.
We begin treatment by removing liquid and solid waste. Often, sewer damage repair can only begin as soon as the location is dry. Armed with specialized tools, we will begin treating your sewage damage situation. One of our primary goals is to remove odors and stop the leak at the source. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration can perform mold removal to avoid problems from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Damage
Please do not try to handle any backup without professional training. We recommend talking to a Liberty Restoration technician before responding. In order to safeguard your wellbeing, you can prep the scene for our team by:
- Keep kids and animals away from affected spots.
- If you must grab anything from the area, use water resistant gloves and heavy duty boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any affected fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little contamination in porous items can promote illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Always wash your hands with hot water and soap after being in contaminated areas.