Discovering sewer backup in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration helps the Bountiful region with these situations, whether it’s caused by pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, we’re here to reverse the damage. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to get assistance. Contact Liberty Restoration today to talk to a professional and fix the issue.
Dangers of Sewage Backup
Trying to clean up sewage spills without the right certifications can aggravate the situation. That’s why it is important to take the proper measures to combat your damage dilemma to prevent further issues. Even minor seeps contain a mixture of chemicals that may cause health problems like Hepatitis A.
Our staff has sanitized gear so they can start clearing out the dirt and liquids in the problem area. We must additionally air out the problem spot before we can fix the sewer infrastructure. Equipped with the right technology, we can start treating your sewage damage situation. Our staff does the aeration and removal procedures rapidly to prevent mold and odor growth. In dire cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to keep mold away and prevent problems from getting worse.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The professionals at Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Not following these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest holding off until our specialists to appear at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by sectioning off the area children and pets.
- In the event you must get items from the area, use water resistant gloves and tough rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- Clean any fabric in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.