No one would ever have fun finding sewer damage at home. Liberty Restoration helps the Bountiful region with these situations, regardless if it’s from toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t delay getting help. Get the professionals of Liberty Restoration to remedy the dilemma, whatever the scale.
Hazards of Sewage Leaks
If you try to fix the backup alone, it can make the situation harder to remove. A scenario involving sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s vital to continue with caution. Even small overflows contain a mixture of pathogens that can cause illnesses like Salmonella and Hepatitis A.
The Liberty Restoration contractors start treatment by clearing out physical debris. We need to also dry the mess before treating the plumbing infrastructure. We then begin disinfection procedures to remove and counteract the toxic waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration staff finishes the aeration and extraction steps as soon as we can to prevent mold and odor growth. In severe cases, Liberty Restoration can take steps for mold removal to prevent worse issues.
Before the Professionals Arrive
The professionals at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage damage. Not following these steps can expose yourself to toxins. Though we recommend waiting for our professionals to appear at your home, please take these precautions:
- Block off contaminated areas to prevent kids or animals from tampering.
- Always use water resistant gloves or rubber boots before entering the location.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can promote disease.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly cleaning your hands.