Call Liberty Restoration for mold removal assistance
Mold is an unpleasant guest to have in your home. Regular cleaning and maintenance can go a long way to ensuring that your home is mold-free. But even these homes can have mold issues. Busted pipes, flooded basements, and even hot climates can cause mold growth. We can offer professional mold removal services if you encounter a problem like this.
Our mold removal services are tested to fully remove mold from the property. Additionally, we’ll take the steps necessary to prevent mold growth in the future. Look at our lists below for ways to prevent mold on your own. Receive professional mold removal service in the Bountiful area contact Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Avoid all contaminated areas until a professional has done a mold inspection.
- Keep all water away from contaminated areas, if possible.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated and need to be salvaged, handle them very delicately to avoid spreading spores. Once they have dried completely, remove as much mold as you can with a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Use fully sealed plastic bags to dispose of the vacuum contents.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpets. Until it is completely dry, make sure the area is fully ventilated. This should help keep mold from spreading.
- Don’t attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. Spores are invisible to the naked eye, and slight disturbances in the air can spread millions of them.
- Don’t apply bleach to mold. Bleach evaporates before it can kill viable spores and source colonies. Alternative antimicrobial products are much more effective and safer.
- Don’t use fans on mold thinking it will go away. This may facilitate the movement of mold spores.
Make your home safer and healthier by calling Liberty Restoration for help with your mold problems in Bountiful. We will provide an expert assessment and get started on your mold removal and remediation work as quickly as possible.