Sewer backup is likely the last issue you want to walk in on. Liberty Restoration serves the Salt Lake City, Ut area with assistance for this scenario, whether it’s caused by pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, we’re here to reverse the damage. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay getting service. Get the professionals at Liberty Restoration to assist you with the problem, regardless of how big the problem is.
If you try to address the backup without proper training, it could make the situation worse. A situation involving sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s important to proceed carefully. Even little backups carry a mixture of toxins that may cause health problems like Hepatitis A.
The Liberty Restoration team has protective equipment so they can start get rid of the waste and liquids in the problem area. We must additionally clean the area before we can fix the plumbing infrastructure. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and neutralize the toxic waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration team performs the drying-out and removal steps as soon as we can to avoid mold and odor growth. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to keep mold away and prevent worse issues.
Responding to Sewage Damage
The specialists with Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend waiting for our team to respond at your home, please take these precautions:
- Keep kids and animals away from problem areas.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched possessions.
- You might be able to save some possessions by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little contamination in porous items can spread illness.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.