No one would ever like to find sewer backup at house. Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City region with this scenario, whether it’s a result of corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to fix it. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay calling for assistance. Get the specialists of Liberty Restoration to remedy the situation, whatever the scale.
Problems with Sewage Backup
If you attempt fixing the mess yourself, it could make the situation worse. That’s why it is important to take careful precautions to combat the sewage dilemma to prevent it from getting worse. Even minor spills contain a cocktail of toxins that may result in disease like Hepatitis A.
We begin treatment by removing physical waste. Often, sewage treatment can only start once the spot is dry. We then begin sanitization procedures to treat and neutralize the hazardous waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration staff does the aeration and removal procedures swiftly to prevent build up of mold or odor. If your situation is especially awful, we can perform updates to prevent mold growth.
Keeping Your Family Safe
Please do not try to handle any backup without professional training. We suggest speaking with a Liberty Restoration specialist before responding. In order to protect your health, we suggest taking great care and following some best practices. You should:
- Keep kids and animals away from contaminated spots.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- Any affected fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination needs to be disposed of.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.