Discovering sewer backup at home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration assists the Salt Lake City region with these situations, whether it’s caused by pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. If your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to call for service. Contact Liberty Restoration today to talk to a member of our staff to clean up the issue.
Attempting to treat sewage spills without the right certifications can worsen the problem. A scenario that involves sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s important to continue carefully. Sewage of any kind harbor bacteria and toxins that can create disease.
Our contractors have sanitized equipment that allows us to start get rid of the waste and liquids around the mess. We must also clean the area before we can fix the sewer system. Next, we start disinfection steps to remove and neutralize the hazardous waste material present in the sewage. We work rapidly to remove odors and anything that may create mold. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration contractors may conduct mold removal to prevent problems from getting worse.
Keeping Your Family Safe
Please do not try to clean up any sewage without the proper training and equipment. We recommend talking to a Liberty Restoration team member before working yourself. To protect your family’s health, we suggest using caution and using some easy steps. You should:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by sectioning off the location children and animals.
- Always use water resistant rubber boots or gloves before walking into the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any affected fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a little contamination should be disposed of.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly washing your hands.