Nobody would ever enjoy finding sewer damage at home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City Ut region with sewer damage sanitation. Don’t wait to get help with this issue if you run into it. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now to talk to a contractor and clean up the issue.
Trying to clean up sewage leaks without the right training can aggravate the issue. A situation involving sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to proceed carefully. Sewage of any kind have bacteria and pathogens that may result in illness.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective gear so they can start removing the waste and liquids in the problem area. We must additionally dry the mess before addressing the sewer infrastructure. Equipped with the right tools, we can start reversing any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. The Liberty Restoration staff performs the aeration and removal procedures rapidly to prevent mold and odor growth. If your sewage backup is especially bad, we can perform follow up checks to avoid growth of mold and other pathogens.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The contractors at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend waiting for our professionals to arrive at your home, please follow these precautions:
- Keep children and pets away from contaminated spots.
- Use water resistant gloves and rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Do not consume or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.