Call Liberty Restoration for mold removal assistance
Mold isn’t just gross to look at, but it’s also hazardous to your health. By cleaning and maintaining your home, you can increase your odds of mold prevention. But mold problems can strike clean homes too. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even living in humid temperatures. If you see mold, call Liberty Restoration for professional remediation services.
Our restoration experts can provide complete mold removal services to ensure that mold is nowhere to be found in your house. On top of that, we will perform necessary remediation to work to reduce the chances of future mold growth. To learn how you can fight mold in your home, read our list of Dos and Don’ts below. Receive professional and affordable mold removal service in Salt Lake City call Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Receive an expert assessment of your mold issues from a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional mold inspection before doing anything in contaminated areas.
- Keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated and need to be salvaged, handle them with care to avoid spreading spores. Once they have dried completely, remove as much mold as you can using a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Use fully sealed plastic bags to dispose of the vacuum contents.
- For contaminated carpeting, try using a wet vac or steam cleaner. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it is completely dry. Completing these steps won’t remove all mold, but will help keep it from spreading.
- Don’t touch any visible mold growth. This could cause invisible and dangerous spores to spread.
- Don’t put bleach on mold. Bleach doesn’t only release harmful dioxins, but also evaporates before it can kill viable source colonies and spores. There are far better and safer antimicrobial products available.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. This could actually cause mold spores to spread.
Find help with your mold problems in Salt Lake City by contacting Liberty Restoration. Following a complete inspection, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can depend on.