If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration immediately! 1- 888-334-6086
Mold can be described a lot of ways (disgusting, gross, smelly, dangerous), but one adjective you will never hear is fun. Nobody wants to have any type of mold growing in their home, and keeping things cleaned and maintained can go a long way to ensuring that your home is mold-free. But even the cleanest home can have a mold problem. Flooded carpets, leaky pipes, and humid temperatures can all provide an ideal space for mold to grow, sometimes in places you can’t even see. If you think you may have a mold problem, it’s time to call Liberty Restoration.
Our professional restoration technicians can provide thorough mold removal services to ensure that mold is completely eradicated from your house. Proper mold removal requires the ability to both locate mold and remove it safely. We can also provide you with remediation techniques to reduce the likelihood that mold is able to grow again. Check out the lists below for more information on how to fight and prevent mold. Call us today for professional, affordable mold removal in Ogden, Salt Lake City, Park City, Orem, Logan, St. George and surrounding areas.
Mold Remediation Dos and Don’ts
- Call a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional to get an expert assessment of your mold issues.
- Avoid contaminated areas until a professional has done a proper mold inspection.
- Prevent any and all water sources from leaking onto the contaminated area if possible.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated and need to be salvaged, handle them very delicately to avoid spreading spores. After they have dried completely, use a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum to remove as much mold as possible. Dispose of the vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- If carpeting has been contaminated, use a wet vac. Steam cleaning is also helpful. Fully ventilate the area until it has dried thoroughly. These procedures will not fully eradicate the mold, but they will keep it from spreading to other areas.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. Spores are invisible to the naked eye, and slight disturbances in the air can spread millions of them.
- DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON MOLD. There are far better and safer anti-microbial products available. Bleach releases dioxins and does not effectively kill viable spores and source colonies before evaporating.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. When you blow air onto a mold infested area it will disperse tiny harmful spores into the air by the millions.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/libertyr/public_html/wp-content/themes/langone/page.php on line 44