Water or flood damage can disrupt your every day life entirely. If left untreated, water stains or flooding can end in permanent damage to your property. It is important to find the right company that can clean up a flooded room. These issues call for immediate action from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
Treating flood or water damage takes more effort than a towel and fans. While you can easily remove standing water from walls and floors, water can seep into lower layers and between drywall without you realizing. Without professional restoration, opportunity for mold development and permanent water damage rises.
Unfortunately, flood damage is not a problem homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix these issues to revive your property to a livable state in no time.
In the case that you need a company that can clean up a flooded room, Liberty Restoration is best for the job. Our knowledgeable experts leave homes and businesses better than they found them. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We always work quickly, courteously and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
If you discover water damage at home, remember these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the flooded spot
- Put fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer pictures, documents and art to a stable, dry spot
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from bookcases and spread out pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to evade further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a flood damage specialist as soon as possible
Contact Us for a Flood Damage Restoration Quote
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City, Utah will answer the call. Call 801-917-3803 soon. Liberty Restoration performs affordable basement flood damage repair in Salt Lake City, Utah.