Problems like defective plumbing can produce flooding, which frequently causes hefty water destruction inside your home. It’s critical to find a company that can clean up a flooded basement. These problems require a quick response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
You’ll need more than mops and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage can seep into subflooring, walls and layers under your property that aren’t as easy to treat alone. This remaining water can damage your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage is not a problem you can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these issues to revive your property to a livable state in no time.
In the case that you require a company that can clean up a flooded basement, Liberty Restoration is perfect to get the work done. We send our most qualified contractors to businesses and homes to treat flood and water damage. We work rapidly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the wet spot
- Place fans around to circulate airflow and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as possible
- Use a hanger to raise curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Relocate pictures, documents and art to a level, dry area
- Clear away moist fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also various things you should not do to evade add to the harm:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical devices on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will happen
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Salt Lake City, enabling us to provide our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage situations. If your property has been harmed by a disaster like burst pipes, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City, Ut at 801-917-3803 now.