A house fire can be a hard tragedy to bounce back from. If you’ve recently experienced a fire, you most likely lost valuable items. You’ve had to move out of your home. Not only that, smoke will have seeped into every nook and cranny throughout your home. But all isn’t lost. A fire damage restoration company can perform repairs, cleanup, and salvage belongings that may have been affected by fire and smoke, but aren’t completely ruined.
Liberty Restoration is St. George, Utah’s choice for effective fire restoration for both severe and minor fire and smoke damage and restoration. Our fire damage restoration professionals can be at your St. George home in an hour or less.
Regardless of the size of the house or the breadth of the fire, a burned home can be both financially and emotionally damaging. You’ll have a hundred things on your to-do list, but it’s essential to call a professional as soon as possible.
Be sure to call Liberty Restoration in St. George. Trying to clean up without professional help after a fire is usually a bad idea. Your cleanup efforts could produce more damage if not done properly. Liberty Restoration experts are trained in both residential and commercial fire clean up with quick fire damage response in the St. George area. Our fire damage specialists are ready to help.
Fire and Smoke Restoration Do’s and Don’ts
- First and most importantly, contact Liberty Restoration for a quick response in St. George.
- Be sure to protect any chrome, such as trim on faucets, by washing surfaces with detergent and applying a coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Try to remove smoke particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets with a brush vacuum.
- If weather permits, open windows for ventilation.
- In winter, pour antifreeze in all drains and toilets to prevent freezing.
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if the electricity is shut off, and prop doors open to allow proper air circulation.
- Have Liberty Restoration board up all windows and doors.
- Call a plumber to drain and blow out all water lines if heat is off in winter.
- Remove pets to a clean environment if heavy fire residues are present.
- Wipe or attempt to wash burnt residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by heavy residues or debris.
- Turn on computers, TV’s, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
- Use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/libertyr/public_html/wp-content/themes/langone/page.php on line 44